Sweepers are the ideal machines for professionally cleaning floors of dust and debris quickly and effortlessly.
Whatever the type of floor, whatever its extent, the sweeper is one of the best tools for removing, in a short time and without effort, coarse debris and dust. It can be used both indoors (battery models) and outdoors on ceramics, marble, concrete, asphalt, resilient or plastic materials and porcelain stoneware.
The two main types on the market are the man-behind and ride-on sweepers. The ride-on model is the best option for those who have to clean very frequently and over very large areas, such as a parking lot or a warehouse aisle.
A large surface area, in fact, requires longer working time, so a ride-on sweeper is more powerful, with its higher output and longer working time than a smaller “man behind” machine. It’s a significantly more practical tool because the operator is comfortably seated on a seat while operating the machine by means of special pedals, levers and a steering wheel, without the need to walk behind.
LEARN MORE: RIDE-ON SWEEPERS: CLEANING FLOORS WITHOUT EFFORTS
MANEUVERABILITY, EFFECTIVENESS AND VERSATILITY
In order to let operators work in a short time and without strain, a good sweeper must be maneuverable and effective. Versatility, moreover, is another distinguishing feature of sweepers: a good brand, in fact, must produce sweepers suitable for multiple areas of use, from home use, through the Horeca sector, to large industrial environments.
Comet, for example, has just launched two professional sweeper models dedicated to cleaning large outdoor areas, which are characterized by power, productivity and, at the same time, compactness and high agility of maneuvering.
COMET CSW DSA SWEEPERS
The new Comet CSW sweepers are available in two versions, both featuring ergonomics, efficiency and power: the Comet CSW 1300 DSA and the Comet CSW 1600 DSA.
The Comet CSW 1300 DSA sweeper is available with either an internal combustion engine or a battery-powered engine.
Its general features are:
- Sturdy steel structure capable of withstanding accidental collisions
- Large filtering surface distributed over 8 cartridge filters with electric filter shaker
- Steering angle of 90° (2 m.)
- Three-phase traction motor 24V - 1200W AC
- 115-liter collection compartment
- Right/left complete side brush
- Maximum drain height 145 cm
This is a ride-on sweeper ideal for cleaning large outdoor areas, with a productivity of 9,700 sq m/hour (maximum speed 7.5 km/hour) and a total cleaning width of 1.3 meters (with 2 brushes).
The power it gives off makes it suitable for operating even on surfaces with slopes of up to 20% and, although it expresses its full potential in large areas, it is very compact and easy to maneuver thanks to its 90-degree steering angle.
The Comet CSW 1600 DSA sweeper, on the other hand, has the following general features:
- Cleaning large areas from 19,000 sq m/h
- Central brushes
- Right side floating brush
- Dust control by means of the filtering system
- Polyester bag filter
- Electric filter shaker
- Closed-loop hydraulic traction
- Hydro steering on the rear wheel
- Green water-repellent filter (optional) providing high filtration down to 1 micron
In contrast to the 1300 model, in addition to the solely internal combustion engine, it has a larger sweeping track, 1,600 meters to be precise; consequently, it ensures higher hourly output under standard conditions: 19,000 sq m/h instead of 9,200 sq m/h.
THE AUTOMATIC OVERHEAD DRAIN
Among the features of these two new sweepers is the automatic overhead drain, a mechanism that pulls out and lifts the dirt collection compartment (115 liters for the CSW 1300, 490 liters for the CSW 1600) to the height required (up to 145 centimeters) to empty it conveniently and directly into a dumpster.
The operator only needs to operate the mechanism by 2 push-buttons and activate the opening of the collection drawer door with a third control, once the draining position has been reached.
The overhead drain has several advantages:
- Reduces operators' effort in lifting excessive weights
- Sweepers can work faster, without having to stop in order to empty the container manually, covering a larger area in a shorter time
- Improves the cleanliness of spaces by preventing dust dispersion when discharging debris
- By increasing the draining frequency, dust accumulation inside the machine is prevented, maintenance is reduced and the life of the sweeper is extended
ROBUST AND SAFE
The new Comet CSW DSA sweepers are equipped with a sturdy, shockproof steel frame.
They are easily inspected, both in the engine compartment and in the filter area. The large filter area, moreover, is distributed over 8 cartridge filters with an electric filter shaker and pocket filter is also available upon request.
Finally, great attention is also paid to safety, with an automatic emergency stop system that is activated when the operator gets up from the driver’s seat.